Breath Easy with Our High-Performance Oxygen Concentrators
Are you or a loved one in need of oxygen therapy to ease your breathing difficulties? Look no further than Rainbow Care's high-performance oxygen concentrators. Designed to deliver the highest level of oxygen therapy to help you breathe easy and improve your quality of life.
Whether you're new to oxygen therapy or looking to upgrade your current equipment, we have everything you need to make an informed decision. In this post, we'll not only explore the life-changing benefits of our oxygen concentrators but also provide you with easy-to-follow instructions on operating them.
Additionally, we've compiled a list of frequently asked questions about our Home Oxygen Concentrators that will help you gain a better understanding of how they work and how they can benefit you.
Q1: What are the different types of oxygen therapy available?
Home Oxygen Concentrators
• Nidek Nuvo Lite 0-5 LPM
• Nidek Nuvo Lite 0-5 LPM, OMS
• Nidek Nuvo 10 LPM
Portable Oxygen Concentrators
• Precision Medical EasyPulse
• Precision Medical Live Active Five
• Nidek Nuvo Nano
Portable Oxygen Cylinders
• Precision Medical, Size D
• Precision Medical, Size E
An Oxygen Concentrator is a device used in medical settings that extracts oxygen from the air and delivers it to individuals in need of additional oxygen due to various medical conditions.
Q2: What is an Oxygen Concentrator?
The device has the ability to concentrate the oxygen to a purity level of 90% to 95%. Unlike oxygen tanks, the concentrator does not require refilling or topping up and instead runs on a power supply to operate.
Yes, there is a switch located at the front of the concentrator that can be used to turn it on or off easily.
Q3:Is the Oxygen Concentrator easy to use?
• 〇 is to turn it on
• | is to turn it off
The oxygen concentrator is designed to run 24 hours, as long as you have a direct power supply, the oxygen concentrator will keep giving oxygen. It is recommended to consult a medical expert regarding the appropriate oxygen flow rates and duration of usage.
Q4:What is the recommended usage time and setting for the Oxygen Concentrator?
Model Flow Rates & Settings
• Nidek Nuvo Lite : 0.125 - 5 Litres Per Minute (12 Settings)
• Nidek Nuvo 10 : 2 - 10 Litres Per Minute (9 Settings)
1. Adjust the position of the cannula to ensure that it fits comfortably in your nostrils.
Q5:How do I connect the nasal cannula to the machine?
2. Turn on the concentrator and adjust the oxygen flow rate to the prescribed level as directed by your healthcare provider.
3. Connect the end of the nasal cannula to the concentrator's oxygen outlet and ensure the oxygen is flowing properly.
• 7 Feet / 2.1 m Nasal Cannula
• 14 Feet / 4.2 m Nasal Cannula
* Recommended to be changed every 2 - 4 weeks
1. Fasten the humidifier bottle to the machine using the provided velcro strap.
Q6:How to connect the humidifier bottle & tubing and why do you need one?
2. Connect the humidifier tubing to link the humidifier bottle and the oxygen concentrator.
3. Place the humidifier tubing onto the oxygen outlet by sliding it over.
4. Attach a nasal cannula to the humidifier.
It is not necessary to use a humidifier with the oxygen concentrator. Use a humidifier when you feel that the air is too dry for your comfort.
No, it is not recommended to use tap water in the humidifier bottle for an oxygen concentrator. Tap water contains minerals and other impurities that can build up in the concentrator and cause damage to the machine over time.
Q7:Can I use tap water for the humidifier bottle?
Washing & Care Instructions
1. Always use distilled / sterile water and change it daily
2. Once a week, wash the humidifier in mild soapy water and rinse in clear water
3. Then soak in vinegar solution (1 part vinegar 3 parts water) for 30 mins, then rinse again in clear water
There is a dust filter at the back of the oxygen concentrator that needs to be washed weekly. We also recommend that the oxygen concentrator is serviced at least once a year.
Q8:What is the maintenance required?
• Wash the removable filters every 3 days or a week so that the dust do not accumulate too much, hence it may be easier to clean
• Try with warm water and soap and see if it comes off easier
• Once a year or when machine has been operating for 5000 hours, whichever comes first
To ensure optimal performance of the Oxygen Concentrator, we advise customers against using extension cables. Instead, we recommend connecting the machine directly to a power source.
Q9:Can I use extension cables?
Using an extension cable can lead to power sharing with other appliances, potentially causing the Oxygen Concentrator to run on insufficient power, leading to improper function.